Terms & Conditions
- The use of this site is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully.
- Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Your placement of an order indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Your submittal of any payment to Top Quality Knives indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall void any previous terms or conditions included with any order, whether or not such terms, or conditions, were signed by a Top Quality Knives store representative.
- Top Quality Knives reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time without any notice to our customers.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to order any product from this site.
- It is your responsibility to check all local, state, and federal laws concerning the ownership, use and possession of any item we offer.
- By placing an order, you agree that you are of legal age, that you have read our terms & conditions, and that you take full responsibility for obeying all federal, state and local laws, restrictions, and regulations! You, and not Top Quality Knives, are solely responsible for any claims resulting from violation of these laws and/or regulations.
Additional Policy Concerning Automatic and Balisong/Butterfly Knives:
- Please read carefully all conditions set forth below. Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:
- To civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
- To supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
- To supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory;
- To manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).
- Federal Codes:
- 18 USC 1716 (G) (2) (1-4) provides this summary: Switchblade knives can be shipped to civilian and armed forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal government ordering or procuring or purchasing such knives in connection with activities in the Federal government; to supply or procurement officers in the National Guard, the Air National Guard or militia of the state or territory of the District of Columbia ordering, procuring or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such organizations; to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any state or territory of any county, city, or other political subdivision of a state or territory ordering, procuring or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such government.
- 15 USC 1244 provides in summary: Knives can be shipped by common carrier, that sale, transportation or distribution, possession or introduction into interstate commerce of switchblade knives is authorized if it is pursuant to a contract with the armed forces or any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his or her duty may possess switchblade knives any may have them shipped to him and sold to him or her. The possession and transportation upon his or her person of a switchblade knife or a blade 3 inches or less is authorized to any handicapped individual who has the use of only one arm
- It is against the law to possess or carry a Balisong/Butterfly knife (in the public) in various states of United States. They are classified as “dagger,” “switchblade,” or “gravity knife”. It is your responsibility, not Top Quality Knives to understand and comply with your local laws.
Required Compliance To Policy, Terms & Conditions:
- To place an order at Top Quality Knives you will be required to agree to all store policy, terms and conditions by placing a check in the box at checkout. In addition when purchasing an automatic knife or Balisong/Butterfly from Top Quality Knives you will also be required to confirm you are eligible to purchase these products as outlined above by placing a check in the box found on each product page. Failure to do both will prevent you from completing your order.
- By checking the required box(s) you are confirming that you agree to all terms and conditions posted at our store and are eligible to purchase said products from our store.
Note: Attempting to falsify information or defrauding our company in any way will be turned over to the proper authorities. If you attempt extortion or entrapment you will also be met with the same swift legal action.
256 Bit Site Security:
You can shop at Top Quality Knives online with confidence as we have partnered with Stripe which is a leading payment gateway that offers safe and secure credit card transactions for our customers. Stripe is a certified PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification.
- The Stripe payment gateway stores sensitive payments data in their secure vault, keeping it out of our environment completely. Transactions are safe, while the data you need is accessible securely in the cloud.
- With secure card storage it enables our customers to set up accounts eliminating the need to repeatedly enter card info which allows more regular, successful transactions.
- By Stripe storing sensitive customer data so we don't have to it greatly reduces the risk of fraud and theft.
- When you place an order with us at Top Quality Knives, we ask you to provide information to complete your order by filling out and submitting an online form.
- This information includes your name, telephone numbers, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card information.
- All information regarding our online customers is stored on a highly secured server that is not accessible through the Internet.
- This information will never be sold or given to anyone for any reasons. Here at Top Quality Knives we respect your privacy.
- Please note that your phone call may be recorded for quality control and training of our staff.
Form of Payment:
- Top Quality Knives accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club.
- Please be sure to provide your exact billing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order.
- All funds are considered in US currency.
- I am sorry but we do not accept any form of payment other than placing an online order using our store.
- For an exchange if your order shipped with “Free Shipping” the original shipping charge will be subtracted from your refund. If you are returning a partial order there will not be a shipping charge applied to your refund.
- If you purchase knives or any items from Top Quality Knives for the purpose of resale, and you are unable to resale and request a return. A 25% restocking fee will apply. Top Quality Knives has the final decision on whether or not the purchase was made for personal use or resale. Example of a purchase for resale would be a large order of various items.
- We do charge a 10% restocking fee for a normal return. We do this to cover the cost of outgoing shipping we paid to send you the knife, credit card fees, and the processing of the return. If you make an exchange for an item of equal or greater value the restocking fee is waived. There is still a charge for the outgoing shipping charge we paid to send you the knife.
- We will waive the restocking fee if you agree to accept store credit for your return. The original shipping charge that we paid to send your item will still be subtracted from the available store credit.
- Once the knife is received you will get an email notification of the dollar amount of store credit that is available for a future purchase. Please note if you do not already have a Top Quality Knives account we will establish one for you. Without a store account we cannot keep track of your available funds.
- For full details at our Returns and Exchange page.
Invalid Shipping Address:
- In the event you provide an invalid/incorrect shipping address and your order is lost or delivered to that invalid/incorrect address. Top Quality knives cannot be held responsible and will not be able to provide any form of a refund or store credit.
- If you do not receive your order within the specified shipping time selected you will need to contact us within two weeks from the purchase date.
- If nothing is heard within 14 days from the purchase date the order will be considered final, and we will be unable to provide a refund, store credit or replacement.
- If your order is delivered to the incorrect provided address, or lost within the U.S. Postal or FedEx systems we will attempt to retrieve the order with the selected carrier. If we are unable to retrieve or if we never receive back your order, it will be considered final and we will not be able to provide a replacement or refund of any kind.
Address Change after shipment and Lost or Refused Shipments:
- If an order is returned to our warehouse due to an incorrect delivery address we will need to reship. The customer will be charged an additional shipping fee.
- If the customer elects not to reship the order, then the returned package will be treated as a return. The shipping fee from the first shipment is non refundable plus a 10% processing fee of the purchase price will apply.
- If the error is due to our mistake then we will reship at no additional cost to the customer.
- Any package refused for delivery or any package that was requested by the customer to be held at a Fed-Ex delivery hub and then returned to Top Quality Knives will incur a 10% restocking fee plus if shipping was free the outbound and return shipping fees will also be assessed prior to issuing a refund.
- Top Quality knives reserves the right to cancel any order for any reason without notice to the customer.
- In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Top Quality Knives shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
- Top Quality Knives shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
- If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Top Quality knives will immediately issue a credit to your credit card used to make the purchase.
Pricing and Promotions:
- We make every effort to assure that all prices are correct. In the event there is an pricing error we will not be unable to honor prices as result of errors.
- All items and special offers may sometimes have quantity limits and other restrictions based upon inventory and availability.
- We are required to charge 5.3% sales tax on all orders shipped to Virginia addresses.
- Due to the new federal law requiring all merchants to charge a sales tax, our system will calculate the sales tax due once you have entered your full and complete shipping address. Currently the vast majority of orders outside of Virginia are NOT charged a sales tax.
Top Quality Knives reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without notification.